international moby members

Questions and answers about Mobylette in English
moby54

international moby members

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 18 okt 2013, 01:24

i would just like to say hello, i have been given a great deal of help from mobyjoost,on accessing this site,i will just tell you a little about myself,my name is john, and i live in rotherham south yorkshire great britain, i am 59 years old, i currently own a 1954 av32 mobylette autocycle that i have owned for the last 5 years, and i am only its 3rd owner from new the bike was first bought by an old french farmer from new in 1954 when he then sold the bike to the guy i got it off in 2001, then in 2008, i bought the bike off him and is used on a daily basis,some of our forum members from england are hoping to attend the 65th anniversary of the moby next year in september [2014] but we will be liasing with joost to make all the arrangements once we cross the channel look forward to conversing with like minded moby dutch owners, but please be patient,if i do not reply asap as i am still feeling my way around the forum, [regards john] england, ;) ;)
Laatst gewijzigd door moby54 op 26 okt 2013, 01:01, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Polle

Re: new english member hello

Ongelezen bericht door Polle » 18 okt 2013, 06:33

Hallo John

Verry welcome on te forum
I hope to see you on the festivity of mobylette kaptein next year

Greetings Polle Belgium

MobyJoost

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJoost » 18 okt 2013, 07:14

Welcome John. Good to see, you got registered!

joran

Ongelezen bericht door joran » 18 okt 2013, 07:43

Welcome john! If you have some questions about some of the topics and you want a translation, I'm here for you. My English isn't very good, but good enough.
Yours faithfully joran.

Harrie

Ongelezen bericht door Harrie » 18 okt 2013, 08:41

Hello John,
Welcome here on this forum.
I'm one of the moderators and I just must moved your message to this chapter "Stel je zelf voor = introduce yourself"
In this way we try to keep everything orderly.
I know many British auto cycle and cycle motor enthusiasts, because I happen to be a member of the NACC, but from time to time I meet people from the EACC, too.
It's a small world. See you perhaps In Heerhugowaard or Woerden?

Harry (nickname)
Henk van Kessel

MobyJet
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJet » 18 okt 2013, 17:25

Welcome!

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 19 okt 2013, 01:31

many thanks for your warm welcome to the forum, but i could have not have do this without the help of MOBYJOOST] he visits our UK FORUM on a regular basis,so some of you people dont speak very good english, but i dont speak no dutch at all but when we get together,all that matters is our beloved little bikes,so i am sure we can get by , i like 1 person on here as met EACC/ NACC club members, there are in excess of 3000,moped owners plus in the uk,so by all means we in the uk have a good following like in holland, maybe at sometime we could invite you fellow members from over the channel over for a mass moped rally in the UK,at some point,regards john england, :D :D

GROENEKAN

Ongelezen bericht door GROENEKAN » 19 okt 2013, 07:11

Hey John,

During the last years I have seen many worthful contributions from Mobyjoost on international Mobylette Forums. It is nice to read that you appreciate this as well.

Regards Joop

Franky

Ongelezen bericht door Franky » 19 okt 2013, 09:57

Dear John,

A warm welcome! It is good to see we're getting more international.

Do you mean that there are close to 3000 mobylette owners in UK? :shock: That's quite a lot!
This whole forum is in Dutch. You can however use google translate to translate the forum. That should definitely help :)

Greatings from the Netherland!

Frank

MobyJet
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJet » 19 okt 2013, 12:20

We've got also an English part on this forum, but not that many English / International visitors (not yet ;)).
Maybe you and your 3000 English Mobylette friends can join us! 8-) :lol:
viewforum.php?f=52

Feel free to ask questions or tell stories in Enlish in that category!

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 20 okt 2013, 01:12

MobyJet schreef:We've got also an English part on this forum, but not that many English / International visitors (not yet ;)).
Maybe you and your 3000 English Mobylette friends can join us! 8-) :lol:
viewforum.php?f=52

Feel free to ask questions or tell stories in Enlish in that category!
thanks for all your kind comments, but we in england just love our small little bikes from mobys to raleighs cyclemotors and autocycles in general so actually there may not be 3000 moby owners but bloody hell there are a lot of us with small 50cc bikes regards john england

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 20 okt 2013, 01:43

it seems as though to me you our european comrades are having the same problems with your classic bikes like us in the uk are having, euro beaurocrats, as regards our licence law if you have passed your motor car test before 2001,you can legally ride a 50cc moped or autocycle with no training or the need to take any form of test,but a least we have one member of parliament that takes a great interest in classic vehicles himself,so he is on the side of classic bike and car owners,as he owns classic vehicles himself, so why dont these ministers just leave people a lone or is it envy that they dont own and ride little bikes like us common people,the only good thing that as come out of our english classic laws now is if you vehicle is pre 1960, it no longer requires an mot or road tax, so all you have to do is make sure your vehicle is fit for road use, so i only have to insure my bike at the cost of about 70 euros or about 58 pounds english,regards john england,

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 20 okt 2013, 01:54

dear joop thanks for your kind comments, i like you and many other forum members on your dutch forum site,love our little bikes,pity that we all live in different parts of europe,but at least we have our bikes in common, next year if things go to plan i am organising a moped rally in this country, witch will mean that we will be getting members from all over the uk [ NACC/EACC ] members together for a w/end bash and hopefully some international forum members as well.so just keep watching this space, i also converse with moby owners in america and canada,so the moby forum is truly global as mobyjoost as mentioned,regards john ENGLAND, :D :D

moby54

Re: 65th moby bithday 2014 english comrades

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 29 okt 2013, 02:30

hi fellow moby owners myself and a english contingent are hoping to cross the channel next year and are hoping to partisipate in the celebrations of the 65th moby anniversay,in september,look forward to meeting like minded dutch and other european owners as well regards john,[england] :D

MobyJet
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Re: 65th moby bithday 2014 english comrades

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJet » 29 okt 2013, 18:56

moby54 schreef:hi fellow moby owners myself and a english contingent are hoping to cross the channel next year and are hoping to partisipate in the celebrations of the 65th moby anniversay,in september,
Ja, ik heb onze John (ook?) ingelicht over onze plannen ;)
Hij mailde me of we lid wilden worden van zijn forum.

MobyJoost

Re: international moby members

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJoost » 29 okt 2013, 21:25

Op het Britse forum is er al druk gediscussieerd over een trip naar het NVT.

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 30 okt 2013, 02:52

MobyJoost schreef:Op het Britse forum is er al druk gediscussieerd over een trip naar het NVT.
sorry joost/jet,your reply as come up in dutch, as i dont want to offend you both could you please put your last posts up in english please as the translator, will not convert the reply from dutch to english,many thanks john [ENGLAND] ;)

MobyJoost

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJoost » 30 okt 2013, 05:31

Sorry John, you're right.
Jet wrote she informed you about the event overhere, next year and you asked us to become a member of the British forum.
I wrote that you guys were already discussing the event on the British forum.

Harrie

Ongelezen bericht door Harrie » 30 okt 2013, 17:30

moby54 schreef:
MobyJoost schreef:Op het Britse forum is er al druk gediscussieerd over een trip naar het NVT.
sorry joost/jet,your reply as come up in dutch, as i dont want to offend you both could you please put your last posts up in english please as the translator, will not convert the reply from dutch to english,many thanks john [ENGLAND] ;)
Hi John,
Conversion by using www.translategoogle.com however, works well.
Though my knowledge of Spanish is poor, I'm able to participate as a member of a Spanish forum in this way.
K.r.
Harrie

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 31 okt 2013, 02:57

MobyJoost schreef:Sorry John, you're right.
Jet wrote she informed you about the event overhere, next year and you asked us to become a member of the British forum.
I wrote that you guys were already discussing the event on the British forum.
yes joost thats correct,we are planning this trip for next year,but things will not start moving until sometime after xmas,regards [john
;)

Shaun

Ongelezen bericht door Shaun » 02 nov 2013, 20:36

Hi to all you people. like John (Moby54) I am a member of the English Mobylette Forum and my name is Shaun, 54yr old and I own a 1963 AV76 in classic "baby blue". I also am looking forward to meeting up with you guys and gals next September in woerden. Having great fun navigating around your forum and am :D alot at the difference when Dutch is translated.

GROENEKAN

Ongelezen bericht door GROENEKAN » 02 nov 2013, 20:59

Dear Shaun,

Thank you for contribution. And a warm welcome to our Forum. It is nearly one year to go, but then we can shake hands in Woerden ( NVT ).

Regards, Joop

MobyJoost

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJoost » 02 nov 2013, 21:43

Hi Shuan, welcome to the forum!

MobyJet
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door MobyJet » 03 nov 2013, 19:16

Shaun schreef:Hi to all you people. like John (Moby54) I am a member of the English Mobylette Forum and my name is Shaun, 54yr old and I own a 1963 AV76 in classic "baby blue". I also am looking forward to meeting up with you guys and gals next September in woerden. Having great fun navigating around your forum and am :D alot at the difference when Dutch is translated.
Welkom, Shaun!
If you want to, you can make your own topic with pics of your moby.

moby54

Ongelezen bericht door moby54 » 03 nov 2013, 21:28

MobyJet schreef:
Shaun schreef:Hi to all you people. like John (Moby54) I am a member of the English Mobylette Forum and my name is Shaun, 54yr old and I own a 1963 AV76 in classic "baby blue". I also am looking forward to meeting up with you guys and gals next September in woerden. Having great fun navigating around your forum and am :D alot at the difference when Dutch is translated.
Welkom, Shaun!
If you want to, you can make your own topic with pics of your moby.
good on you shaun,to have a go at getting on the forum[moby54] as i have said to our dutch counterparts and other european forum members,if everthing goes to plan this should be one hell of a w/end, i know that joost is going to confirm the dates over there and then posting them on our uk moby forum,[roll on 2014] regards john england :D

Plaats reactie